Sunday, April 19, 2020

This week's (well, half week's) meal plan

I have been trying several ways to keep track of ... well ... everything.  Work, my kids' zoom meetings and homework, my training plan, our pantry and groceries, meals.  I've been testing out the free version of Paprika for grocery stores, meals, and recipes.  I really like it and will likely upgrade to the paid version.  Right now I don't use it as much as I could, because: overwhelmed.

I spend a lot of time cooking and chopping these days.  The best way for me to keep track of everything is to
1.  Make a list of what veggies we have by end Thursday, after we get the Thursday box
2.  Write down what we are getting in the Saturday box.
3.  Meal plan around those.  Also helpful because I can see what we might need to add to the next week's Thursday or Saturday box.  So, here goes:

Thursday:
Lunch: leftover takeout pizza for family, leftover something else for me
Dinner: chard and potato soup (we got chard, potatoes, spring onions in the Thursday box), and gluten free cornbread

Friday:
Lunch: leftover chard and potato soup and cornbread
Dinner: Refried bean nachos, steamed broccoli

Saturday:
Snack: bananas, apples
Lunch: salad and turkey/grilled cheese sandwiches
Dinner: ramen stir fry (with brown rice/millet ramen, broccoli, carrots, green beans) and edamame

Sunday:
Lunch: Strawberries, raw veg (snap peas, carrots, cucumber, leftover edamame), and leftover pasta with sauteed beet greens thrown in (for me)/ sandwiches
Dinner: crockpot black bean and sweet potato chili (that was a LOT of chopping this morning).

Monday:
Lunch: salad with steamed beets and the last of the goat cheese, quesadillas?
Dinner: leftover chili and kale chips

Tuesday:
Lunch: salad and leftover chili or boxed mac and cheese
Dinner: Thai red chicken curry with broccoli and carrots over brown rice (I used canned chicken)

Wednesday:
Lunch: takeout Mexican
Dinner: One pot pasta with the last of the sausage, onions, and zucchini.  Leftover broccoli

Thursday:
Lunch:  Whatever we happen to have to scrounge from the freezer. 
Dinner:  Leftover pasta

No comments: