Friday, April 17, 2020

COVID-19 Day 32 through 36

COVID 19 Day 32 (Monday) 4/13/2020
- LIIFT4 back and biceps week 3
- work. But it was difficult.  Difficult to get 7 yo on task (because he's 7).  He will literally spend more time arguing about doing his writing, than actually writing.
- Lunch: leftover chickpea/green bean/quinoa salad.  Went for a lunch walk.  Needed it. Checked out the little free libraries (2 of them) and was able to find space for 5 more books.  We have piles to donate, which I'm doing at 3-8 books a week.
- Get home at 1:29, wondering why nobody is trying to get the 7 yo on his specials zoom class.  Do that.  Set him up at my desk in his room.  Attempt to send emails while sitting on his bed, listening with half an ear to his PE, Music, and Art teachers to figure out his assignments.  Both kids on zoom calls and husband on a conf call at the same time.
- Realize he's not gonna want to do his assignments.
- Finally eject him back to the living room and leave it for husband to keep him on task for the rest of the day.  Get mad that all the kids want to eat is JUNK.
- Get real work done!
- Dinner (leftover beans and rice, kale).  Cookie.  Walk the dog.  Watch a guy in an SUV run out of gas, try to stop his car, get dragged by the SUV as it rolls down the hill and hits a tree.  Scary, but literally nothing we could do except watch and tell him "let go of the car" when it was dragging him.  He was fine, went off to gas station in his friend's car to get gas.
- Turned on Youtube in the "office" and did a 15 minute walk video (whichever one came up).  Then watched a Call the Midwife on PBS and walked in place.  5 days in a row over 10k steps, whee!!
- Read my book until I finished it.  Bed 9:30.

COVID 19 Day 33 (Tuesday) 4/14/2020
- up at 6:15, out the door for my run by 6:30, whee! 4x1200m repeats with 200m recovery.  4 miles total, it was spicy.  Slightly fewer people out than if I leave at 7 (yay), but a LOT more workers heading to work (boo).
- eggs and tortillas for breakfast.  Tea.
- WORK. Meetings.  And scheduling more meetings. So many meetings.
- Husband went grocery shopping.  The only one who noticed was the dog.  I finished a conf call and little guy runs in and says "I went to look outside for daddy and Kit ran out the door!"  So I run out and she's in the street.  Dog is afraid of feet, of brooms, but has NO concept of cars.  I called to her and she came in.  Dodged a bullet there.
- $163 grocery bill later...but we have food.  We will live.  Should I order 3 lb of lentils on line for $12?  I'm torn.  I might.  They will keep.
- Today I learned that yogurt lasts long past its expiration.  Mine is not expired yet.
- Lunch. Sandwiches and broccoli and strawberries.
- Little guy does NOT like to write.  A huge battle.  Huge.  Hubby made him go outside to do it because all he did was whine.
- Finished meetings. Still working.  Almost done for the day.  Big presentation tomorrow with a customer (conf call, again.) I'm tired.

COVID-19 Day 34 (Wednesday) 4/15/2020
- we have not filed our taxes
- donated 2 handfuls of books at the little free library
- oatmeal for breakfast
- working on pushups, hip and core, in bits and pieces
- Hubs and I have double conf call, kiddo gets extra TV
- Mine was a big one, it went well, yay!
- I made an order for nuts and quinoa, etc, and the company is not taking orders until tomorrow.  May switch to amazon.
- Daniel did the hardest thing first today (writing).  He did great.
- When I was done with conf call, we went outside and he did 111 jumps with the jump rope, and also did some pushups (he didn't want to do school work).  I did get him to work on his art project after.
- It is really hard keeping track of all the things he has to do every day.
- Boys ordered pizza, I had leftovers and then went on a little free library walk.  Now I know that 2 of the ones further away have space, so I can donate more books on my Friday walk.  It was hard to dodge people, lots of folks enjoying the 70s weather and blooming flowers.
- Afternoon full of conf calls

COVID-19 Day 35 (Thursday) 4/16/2020
- Woke up at 4:55.  Successfully placed nuts.com order.  Will be here next Friday.  I am spending so much on food.
- Ran my hill repeats on the next hill over.  It's much more gradual than mine, and no traffic.  So: nice.  Saw two friends in their vehicles on their way to work, both contractors.  I see them often.  Today's run felt GREAT.
- Morning meeting went fine.  Not really feeling up to work by now. The 7yo is over school.  So, he had an hour and 15 minute zoom class.  For some reason, he's too shy to share, so one of us has to be there to make sure he shows his work. She let him share his stuff at the very end after everyone left, and encouraged him to share with the class.  Man, he has work.
- I missed lunch with the fam.  After lunch and some work on his weekly art project for school (I helped!), I sent an email to the teacher with a picture, then we had a cookie.  We sat in the sun (hot!) in the hammock and relaxed.  Eventually, we watched Hubs and big kid do their jump rope.
- He did some reading, and some other work, but I think he's tired.  We are tired of encouraging him to do his work, constantly.  For next week, he has the art project, math pages, more reading, more writing, and some science thing.  Oh, and music.
- Breakfast: avo toast with eggs, (kids had cereal and strawberries).  I am hungry.  I also had 2 cookies, crackers, fruit, granola, a handful of dry cereal, a little leftover pasta, a turkey and cheese sandwich for lunch, and carrot sticks.
- meetings
- dinner: potato chard soup and cornbread made with a flax egg. It's good.
- watched an episode of Call the Midwife
- my big kid is ruining my little kid by teaching him fortnite

COVID-19 Day 36 (Friday) 4/17/2020
- Started with LIIFT4 shoulders/HIIT, oatmeal, and a walk with hubs and dog
- morning work and conf call.  Help Daniel with art and writing.
- another conf call
- walk to little free library and donate books.  SOOOO many people out at 11:30 am.
- lunch (soup and cornbread, leftover)
- finally got stinky teenager to shower
- afternoon music with little kid (fill glasses with water and made music!)
- afternoon conf call and work
- order gluten free bread from local bakery, for pick up next week
- get shamed into checking out blood donation schedules (haven't donated in more than 8 years, pre 2nd kid, and I've always been training for a race.  Turns out, they aren't open much and the few times that I have time, they are full.  I can't book out 3 weeks from now, I don't know my meeting schedule.  SO...I'll try again in a few weeks.)
- shop Amazon, add a few things to cart, will decide if I need them later. (food)
- answered a survey from the junior high about our connectivity (they are trying to get kids to log into school, not all have WiFI).
- planned out next week's meals through Weds
- going to go make nachos and broccoli and watch a movie

No comments: