Monday, April 13, 2020

COVID-19 Days 26 to 31

Day 26 (Wednesday) 4/8/2020
- Teenager is a butthead and has lost all video game privileges for the day.
- Did a few minutes of hip work.  Went for a short walk, too many people.  Hard to dodge, put my buff over my face a lot.
- had sauteed mushrooms and eggs with toast for breakfast. Yum.
- Kids had bar/cereal/strawberries
- Daniel likes to do his reading in his bed while I work next to him at the desk.  It's our thing.
- lunch is a sea of nachos and grilled cheese and mac and cheese and I just don't remember.  This was probably the day hubby and kids at the last of the salad so I actually had to make myself broccoli.
- I think we had pasta for dinner

Day: 27 (Thursday) 4/9/2020
- morning run, terrible, I didn't stretch and I'm a dummy.  It hurt, ended up walking home.
- Daniel had his second zoom meeting.  He had to pick a book he found on a website (for school), listen to it and write about it.  He fights a lot less when the teacher assigns him a writing task.
- a million conf calls, and the other 3 people in my family were on at the same time.  That was fun.
- Lunch was a mixture of leftover broccoli, lentils, potatoes, and cauliflower.  Good.
- dinner, leftover pasta.  And some kind of vegetable.
- my first finger on my right hand is having problems with circulation.  Need to email the doc.

Day 28 (Friday) 4/10/2020
- LIIFT4 chest and triceps week 3
- made homemade rosemary olive oil bread, gave loaf to neighbor who gave us a bunch of meat from his freezer.
- kids did  minimal school today, but we did some coloring.
- ordered groceries and food from a local restaurant.  Whole wheat flour is hard to come by, and they are repackaging their bulk flour for sale.  Got 10 lb of whole wheat and 5 lb of all purpose for $15.  Also got greek yogurt and salt.  Their brussels sprout dish was the BOMB, as were the potatoes.  They messed up and delivered the groceries without the prepared food, then they had to come back, and food was more than 40 minutes late.  Still, it was good.
- I jumped rope.  I'm still pretty good at it.
- We canceled my birthday plane tix to Hawaii.  Sad.  We can't get a refund from AirBNB.  Waiting to see if their policy changes (the date doesn't go as far as our trip.)
- I did a walking video and hit 10k steps for the day!!
- We watched Thor 2
- we are out of milk till Tuesday

Day 30 (Saturday) 4/11/2020
- long run, 12:43 pace, 6.4 miles.  Into Hope Ranch. Getting there sucks, as it's a narrow road with no shoulder and still a lot of traffic (2/3 gardeners for the fancy homes).  But once you get through that section, it's really nice, and not too many people.  Running in my hood is nice too, but towards the end it gets hard to social distance.
- made roasted root veg for lunch, because only veg left. (sweet pot, onion, potato, carrot)
- made "Frozen" cookies - found a small batch sugar cookie recipe, and doubled it.  It was pretty good.  The recipe says you don't need to chill the dough, but it's better if you do. And we also had to figure out how to use cookie cutters with an imprint (Daniel gave them to me for Christmas).  Kids and hub say they are good.  I frosted with icing made with water (we are out of milk), it was too thin.  You cannot tell I used a piping bag, ahem.
- Dinner took all day, sort of.  "Beans, rice, chicken", man I love this dish.  Used to make it all the time, kid with braces hates rice.  Cooked the brown rice in the rice cooker with the flavorings, for spanish rice.  Soaked and cooked black beans in pressure cooker.  Sauteed onion and bell peppers.  Mixed all together with the last of the salsa in a 13x9 casserole, bake.  Top with cheese and bake 5 min to melt.  Super good with avo and sour cream and chips.
- made a few more masks.  Found an easy pattern that uses t-shirt strips that fits really well.  Made 3.  Found another easy pattern with elastic, made one, and then made another with t-shirt strips.
- a friend wants to buy masks.  I am giving away not selling
- We watched Captain America 2.

Day 31 (Sunday) 4/12/2020
- Easter Sunday!
- Bacon and gluten free waffles for breakfast.  Big kid (carb boy) only had bacon and little kid (meat boy) only had waffles, what the what?
- Walked the dog with the hubs.
- Lunch - chickpea/quinoa/ green bean salad (with leftovers!), nachos, grilled cheese, last of the pasta.
- Made gluten free almond flour choc chip cookies from the Trader Joe's bag.  Used a flax egg instead of an egg.  They are delish.
- Dinner was steak (ha), no really it was pork, but we thought it was steak until we cooked it.  Good though.  Also, I made carrot ginger soup, and it is purple from the one purple carrot.  And homemade bread.
- made a few more masks.  Sent friend a pic of what is avail.  Await his response.
- Week 1, 2 masks.  Week 2, 4 masks.  Week 3, 8 masks.  No I'm not doing 16 next week.
- 10k steps for 4th day in a row, but I had to do laps in the house.

No comments: