Friday, January 1, 2010

Goals for 2010

And I'm not going to call them "resolutions".

I have many goals for 2010. My major goal for 2009 was food-cost related, and you can see on the side that I petered out in September. Probably nearing the end of January I'll know the end result.

For 2010, here we are:

1. Running: Run 3 major races:
Chardonnay 10 miler in April
Wine Country Half Marathon in May
News Press Half Marathon in November
And the goal is to beat a 10 minute mile in any one of those races.

2. Yoga
Get better at it and add a 2nd day each week. I got a DVD for Xmas, so that should help.

3. Gardening
Start composting
Rip out the old dead plants
Plant some winter/spring veggies (carrots, kale)
Build one new square foot planter to add to the two we have.

4. Cooking
kinda like the gardening: try sprouting grains and beans
Bake more
Try more delicious vegan meals from my cookbooks
Try new whole grains, and keep on with the fresh fruits and veggies.

5. Environment
Reduce my plastic bag usage (reuse bags for the bulk bins, etc.)
Reduce my paper towel usage
Keep hanging out my laundry

6. Quilting
Finish the 3 quilts for the triplets
Send off the turtle quilt that took 3 years to make
Do one quilt for the Blockheads quilt exchange
One more baby quilt due in June...

7. Family (last but not least)
Spend lots of fun times with the hubby and the kiddo.

No comments: