Saturday, August 29, 2009

Vegan Pumpkin Cookies


What would bring you to want to make vegan pumpkin cookies, you ask?

Well...last winter, we got a lot of pumpkin from the CSA, and I froze it in freezer bags. I had one lone bag with 2 cups left.

I planned to make muffins (which I will probably do tomorrow morning, when it's not freaking 90 degrees outside). But those only require 1 cup.

That leaves one cup. So I started googling pumpkin recipes. I found a few pumpkin cookie recipes. But eggs...I only have 3. I need two for the muffins, and one for the pancakes we are having for dinner on Monday. So, obviously the answer is - look for vegan recipes.

Then I found this recipe at theppk.com. I mean, is there anything that Isa cannot make vegan and delicious? They are yummy.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I like the idea of making vegan baked goods every once in a while just because I think it is interesting to try different cooking techniques. It's always good to have a few tricks up your sleeve...just in case. And pumpkin cookies - delicious!

Marcia said...

Yeah, the last vegan cookies I made because I was out of butter. It's really convenient! Amazing what you can do with canola oil