Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fried Cabbage



I made this recipe on Sunday, but have been too busy to blog about it. It was tasty, and though it makes 8 servings (1/2 cup each), we eat about 1 cup at a time. So truthfully, this was one dinner for 3 and one lunch for two. It was pretty tasty.

Fried Cabbage (4 c cooked)
1 small cabbage, shredded: 0.55
1 bell pepper, diced: 0.50
2 T canola oil: 0.10
2 cloves garlic: 0.10
juice of one lemon: 0.25
1/2 tsp each cumin, coriander, curry powder and chives: 0.15

Total: $1.65 for 8 servings, or $0.21 each.

The recipe originated here. I basically followed these directions, with different spices, but you know, I never did see the turmeric. I love turmeric.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I would have never thought to fry cabbage. What a great idea!

Marcia said...

Yeah, the girl from "What the hell does a pinkhaired girl eat?" has been frying a lot of cabbage, and it got me thinking...

So this week I bought cabbage to cook and coleslaw to just eat.