Sunday, May 24, 2009

Cool-totally-non-food-related-stuff

So, this morning my spouse was off playing tennis, like he does on Sundays (no real games, they just hit the ball around). Nick and I were doing (another) floor puzzle (we're up to 100 pieces now). I heard two huge "booms", and the windows rattled. Truly, felt like someone hit the house or the window.

I locked the front door and peeked out our windows...nothing.

Spouse came home, I joined my walking buddies for the last half of an 8-miler. Came home and googled it.

It was the space shuttle Atlantis coming in for a landing at Edwards Air Force Base. More than 150 miles away, and we felt the sonic boom. Pretty cool.

On a side note, when I first moved to Cali, I actually got a call back from a resume that I sent, from a company that works at Edwards...coulda been a rocket scientist. ;)

No comments: