Monday, March 23, 2020

COVID-19 Days 8 and 9

Day 8 (Saturday) 3/21/2020
- Oatmeal for breakfast
- Ran a  hilly 5+ miles @14:00
- Put sweet potato black bean chili in the crockpot
- Tried out my new bread delivered from across the country.  Delish.  Simple Kneads (gluten free)
- Spring cleaning, husband reorganized cabinets, boys went through drawers to get rid of clothing tha they don't like/ doesn't fit
- Kid 1 made mac and cheese for lunch.  I made kale chips for the fam and had leftover chickpea curry
- I did some quilting and looked up mask making instructions
- Hung up  my jeans that I wear to work.  Don't need those for awhile.
- Drew a rainbow in the front on the driveway
- Played ladder ball with the family
- Hubby cleaned the bathroom
- I started making a cleaning schedule
- Veg box arrived, put everything away
- Taught kids how to vacuum and dust
- Folded laundry
- Decluttered papers and things.  Hubby worked on books
- Chili/ salad/ bread/ ice cream for dinner
- Watched Captain Marvel
- Stayed up too late (9:30) and woke up at 4:30 again.  Time to go to bed at 8:45 like normal.

Other notes: I gave up coffee about a month ago in favor for tea, and my digestive system is much happier.

Meal/ cooking plans for the week:
Sat: chili
Sun: Beet blueberry muffins.  Chicken fried rice.
Tue: Instant pot pasta with sausage
Thu: Chicken potato soup in instant pot
TBD: Order takeout burgers from a local burger place (trying to help local businesses)

Probably won't need groceries until Weds, but may go Tuesday for milk.  We keep a long running list.  My plan is to just go once, hopefully to one store, and get what they have and live without the rest.  We can go a long time by just replenishing on milk and eggs because we get our produce delivered.

Day 9 (Sunday) 3/22/2020
-Went for a hike in the park.  Saw 7 people.  Tried to social distance but...trail.  I turned to the side when they passed.  Saw the sheep!
- Looked up many instructions for making masks.  Made one fabric mask.  It's too big for me.  I guess my husband is doing the grocery run.
- Made beet blueberry muffins from Run Fast Cook Fast Eat Slow
- Worked on the quilt
- Made a lace edged handkerchief (allergies)
- Had some tea
- Walked the dog
- started a puzzle
- Donated a few books to the little free library
- unloaded dishwasher, folded laundry
- ate leftover curry for lunch.  Everyone else had chili nachos, soup, stuffing, raw veggies
- made chicken fried rice with brown rice, and broccoli, for dinner
- read my book before bed.  It's good. I think it was a textbook.  A lot of writing in it.

2 comments:

Ilse Berg (SnowshineCottage.com) said...

No one at my house is having difficulty filling all of the at-home hours, either (admittedly, the teen spends most of it videocalling friends)! Although I thought I had already minimized errand time, this really demonstrates how much more time and peace I can gain when it is nearly zero and, probably more significantly, it's not even an option, so I'm never using mental power to decide whether to go/do somewhere/something.

Marcia said...

That is a really good point about not having to use mental power!