Monday, March 16, 2020

COVID-19 Days 1 and 2

Day 1 (Saturday)
- Ran 5 miles with my group, but alone (social distancing!)  Not hard, I'm slow.
- Bought new running shoes.  9 people in the tiny store, social distancing fail.
- Bought tomato and other plants for garden (hubby), another fail (lots of people)
- Skipped a surprise anniversary party that I REALLY wanted to go to, you know, distance
- Started a new quilt, because: why not?  Sewed strips and pressed them open. (It's going to blue/ turquoise/white)
- Went through bookshelves.  We are spring cleaning.
- Did a 15 minute indoor "walk" video with 7 year old
- Handed off 16 books to the neighbor for her 1st grader.  We are done with them and: cleaning!
- Made sesame cashew noodles for dinner.  I can't keep the brown rice/ quinoa pasta from getting gluey
- had birthday brownies (14!! the age, not the brownies) and ice cream.  And red wine.

Day 2 (Sunday)
- Woke up at 5:15 am.  Sigh. Not intentionally.
- Started cutting out quilt strips
- Got frustrated at my inability to get into the iPad to read my Tiny House Magazine.  Spent an hour.  I hate Apple.  Changed my password.  Did not work.  I still hate Apple.  I think I'm just going to spend a bit more time on it.  If I can't get it to work, cancel.
- Walked the dog with the hubby, kept going, did 3 miles.  Got rained on a bit.
- Made fruit salad
- Washed carrots and snap peas for lunch
- Put rosemary olive oil bread ingredients in bread machine.  I miss bread.
- Washed bell pepper, onion, carrot, chard (and chopped) for tonight's lentil soup.
- Folded laundry
- Kicked the kids off electronics.  This is going to be a theme this week.
- Started a quilt with this "quilt along" I found on facebook.  Made zero quilts last year, first time in 20 years.
- Baked bread, made lentil soup, drank wine, ate cake
- Bed by 9, read my book - it's about women in the workplace, zzzz


No comments: