Monday, March 30, 2020

COVID-19 Days 14 and 15 and 16

Day 14 (Friday) 3/27/2020
- LIIFT4 Chest and triceps Week 2.  With an audience again.
- Nice long text session with my husband's college friend on how it's going with him (in Hong Kong), and us
- Ordered some stuff I need from pharmacy on Amazon
- Switched my prescription pickup to mail for this months.
- Lots of work. Hey, cleaning up old emails from 2015 and 2016 got my google usage down from 82% to 71%
- Many meetings.
- I really accomplished a metric ton of work this week.  Go me!
- Lunch was leftovers, mac and cheese, and a carton of tomato soup.  I tried the pumpernickel bread from the shipment from Simple Kneads.  It's good (it was $35 for 4 loaves, it had better be!)  I made this phkali from a recipe from a friend this week. Yes, I actually cooked beet greens.  I used to do that all the time... This recipe was heavily adjusted to what I have on hand.  Heavily.
- Got a message from the school district about the start of distance learning (Weds).  Kid #1 has a schedule, which is the same for most junior high and high school students.  Class times are twice a week instead of daily, and they are longer.  I'm sure we will get more details next week, like, um, what format?
- Kid #2 will get packets in the mail.  This is gonna be FUN (not).
- My 25 lb kettlebell came, as well as underwear for kid #2 and some dried onion.
- I learned that my second race this spring has been postponed from mid-May until October, no surprise there.  I'm going to dial back my long runs for my training program because I don't need to run 10 miles in May.
- dinner was frozen pizza and quesadillas and microwaved frozen green beans.  Or maybe that was lunch?
- Walked dog with hubby, chatted with neighbor (at a safe distance)
- We watched Iron Man 2 and ate ice cream.
- read before bed
- Figured out how to upgrade one of my produce boxes to a bigger size, solely so I could get strawberries this week.  I'm tired of peeling tangerines that everyone else eats.
- We have 47 cases of COVID-19 in our county, 2 are in the ICU.

Day 15 (Saturday) 3/28/2020
- Woke up early (bummer) - 5ish
- Oatmeal for breakfast, and tea, of course.
- Ran my "virtual" 10k, through my 'hood.  It was hilly, and I wasn't very fast.  I learned how to set run/walk alerts on my watch (that I've had for 2  years) WITHOUT the interval function and it was great.  So that I could set the watch for 10k time (1:13:19 was my finish) and still do the intervals.
- Came home had a snack (banana and peanut butter).  Showered
- Cleaned.  Hubby vacuumed the house. Kids tidied and dusted, and I dusted the tops of the quilts and curtains in the bedroom, and also got rid of a bunch of cobwebs.  Both desktop fans were taken apart and dusted.
- Made the components for bean/ sweet potato veggie burgers, mixed, and put in fridge.
- Started soaking black beans for dinner
- Lunch: toast with phkali, leftover mac and cheese, leftover soup and chicken stew, carrot sticks.
- Did some work on my quilt.  Sewing the background strips.  Lots of work here.
- Read my book, snuggled the dog
- Colored on our driveway with chalk to cheer people up (flowers and rainbow with a pot of gold)
- Husband and Kid #1 are doing Ring FIT adventure.  Allergies suck today.
- More general household decluttering
- I tried Ring FIT.  I have big thighs.  The thigh thingy barely fits.  Strong thighs save lives!
- Black bean soups, corn bread, roast veg for dinner (cauli, peppers, sweet potato)
- Movie night: Thor. And popcorn

Day 16 (Sunday) 3/29/2020
- toast, egg, canned corn beef hash for breakfast (it was an impulse purchase)
- make anadama bread in bread machine using Karo syrup because we are out of molasses.  Turned out fine
- donate 10 books to the two little free libraries on the street (purging)
- 1 hour live yoga stream from Instagram (local yoga studio), while hubby vacuumed and the kids played different video games (SO relaxing, ha)
- made the veg burgers.  Lunch was veg burger tacos, raw snap peas and carrots.  Hubby and kid #2 had turkey sandwiches and kid #1 had a ramen noodle bowl
- pressed my quilt pieces
- made a mask for me when I shop
- 3 rounds of Racko with the family
- sesame cashew noodles (with pad thai noodles, because we had them) and smashed parmesan turnips for dinner, plus more hash
- apple for snack (1/2) with PB and some GF bread with cheese. I'm really hungry
- Started the new Jumanji movie

Weekly thoughts:
my costs are going up - water bill, electric bill, paper, coffee, tea
school (at home) starts Weds for the kids.  Yay

No comments: