Saturday, April 9, 2011

Peanut Lime Dragon Dressing

Recipe #2 from Appetite for Reduction. Another winner. In the back of the book, Isa brings up the suggestion of a "bowl". A grain, a sauce/ protein, and a vegetable. One of the "bowls" mentioned was quinoa, steamed broccoli, sauteed tempeh, and peanut lime dragon dressing. I boiled the tempeh in water and vegetable broth, then sauteed it in a bit of canola oil. I steamed the broccoli and carrots. I made the dressing, though I decreased the spice/ sriracha in half (concerned about my 5 year old), but it wasn't spicy, so I shouldn't have worried too much. I also subbed maple syrup for the agave and red onion for the shallot. And I didn't use quinoa. No grain at all. My son LOVED it and actually begged for leftovers. There are some for tomorrow's dinner!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh marcia this looks so good! can i come over? hope you are having a great weekend :)

Marcia said...

Come on over any time :)