Sunday, January 17, 2010

Red cabbage and apples



Last week, I made a big old pot of red cabbage and apples. It was pretty good. I think. You know, the head of red cabbage was about 4 lbs. And I probably ate about 2.5 lbs of it. I ate red cabbage for lunch and dinner for about 5 straight days. So by Friday lunch, when I had the last cup of this stuff, I was kind of sick of it.
***************************************
Red Cabbage and apples
1/2 large head red cabbage: $1.50
1 T. canola oil: 0.04
1 small onion, diced: 0.30
2 small apples, diced: 0.70
1 Tbsp sugar: 0.05
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar: 0.30
salt and pepper and caraway seed to taste.
Total: $2.89, for a big pot. Many many cups.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you want to lose belly fat quickly then Visit site http://fatburningfurnaceforquickweightloss.blogspot.com/ that guides you throughout your quick weight loss diet.