Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dijon-Glazed Salmon and Steamed broccoli


Simple as simple can be. 

I found a piece of salmon in the freezer.  It was free from the neighbor, which means it's probably been there for 6 months.  But we sealed it up with the FoodSaver, so I'm sure it was fine.

Line a pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.

Place the salmon in the pan and S&P.

I glazed it with: 1/4 c unpacked brown sugar, 2 Tbsp dijon mustard, and a sprinkle of dried dill.

Bake at 375 for 30-40 min.  40 was about right.  Most salmon recipes call for "broiling", but my smoke alarm goes off at anything above 450F.  It's always been that way.  So I don't broil.  I found the alternative of baking in allrecipes (one of the comments on the recipe).

It was delicious.

The broccoli was micro-steamed, tossed with S&P, olive oil, and parmesan.

Simple.  Delicious.

No comments: