Thursday, January 1, 2009

Pizza!



Today I did pizza again. Using the bread machine for the dough. Except for the first attempt (where the blade wasn't attached, so...nothing happened). Once the blade was attached it worked.

The machine makes the dough. Then I kneaded it for 5-10 min, until it springs back. Then I divided the dough into two balls and let rest in a warm place (aka, the top of the stove, set at 250F) for 20 min.

I rolled the dough out on two cookie sheets coated with canola oil and sprinkled with cornmeal. Let rest for 15 min.

Par-bake at 340F for 15 min. Remove from oven. Add toppings. Bake at 400F for 15 min.

This was really good. The dough was fully cooked in the center and crispy at the edge. Finally, good pizza dough!! It's still not "authentic" like from a pizza shop. I don't have a pizza stone yet, so that will have to wait. Still, it was pretty good.

No comments: