Sunday, May 11, 2008

Lunch




Mostly, our lunches consist of leftovers...carefully crafted. Meaning - I plan our dinners to have leftovers for lunch and sometimes dinner too. So I have a calendar on the fridge listing what we are having for dinner. Usually the lunches are in my head. Last week, we had some sandwiches a few days, because of that really great deal on turkey and ham.

After I awoke from my mother's day nap, I realized that since we went to a party last night, and are having fish and salad tonight - no leftovers for lunch tomorrow. So I scoured the pantry and this is what I came up with:

Tortellini salad:

8 oz pesto tortellini, cooked
5 sun-dried tomato halves, chopped, plus about a Tbsp of the oil
6 kalamata olives, sliced
1 can cut green beans, drained, for something...green? (really, canned beans aren't that green)
a couple TBSP red wine vinegar
1/4 c. grated parmesan
handful of chopped fresh basil
salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste

Tastes pretty good, hope it's still good tomorrow. I haven't broken down the cost of this whole meal, but I'd estimate that it's about $2 to $2.50, and it's probably three servings.

No comments: