Sunday, December 3, 2017

Gluten free banana berry muffins

So, I bought some gluten free flour from Trader Joe's.  And I bought some from Bob's Red Mill.  I wondered if I should look for a "gluten free" recipe, trust the bag of mix that you can directly sub it for AP flour or...???

In the end, I decided to make the recipe on the Trader Joe's bag.  Sort of.  Because I didn't have everything.  And the Bob's Red Mill bag said to use Xanthan gum.

So, here's what I did:
1 cup TJ's gluten free flour (the rest of the bag)
1 cup Bob's red mill gluten free flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp Xanthan gum
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
A little less than 1/2 cup sugar (because I didn't have agave)
1/4 cup maple syrup (to make up for the lack of agave)
1/2 cup safflower oil
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 cup mashed banana (because I didn't have applesauce)
1 cup frozen mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)


I think that's it, but I threw the bag away.  I'll check next time I buy the stuff.  I found the recipe here, so I think I'm good.

So: mix dry ingredients (flour, soda, salt, Xanthan gum, cinnamon)

In separate bowl, mix eggs, oil, milk, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla.

Add wet to dry and mix until just blended.  Fold in mashed banana.  Fold in berries.

Bake at 350F for ...??  In my oven, which runs cold, and using the silicone liners, it took about 25 minutes.  The two that were in paper liners cooked faster.

These were amazing.

No comments: