Friday, February 25, 2011

Red Cabbage Slaw


So, there's this red cabbage slaw recipe that I dream about. I got it in one of our CSA newsletters years ago and it was fabulous. And then, I lost it. I tried in vain to replicate it, but to no avail. And many google searches got me nowhere.

Then one day. I was going through my cookbooks. And in the back pocket of one of the "hometown" cookbooks, that has a pocket for recipe cards, I found two - yes TWO - copies of this recipe.

And here it is. Still fabulous.

Red Cabbage Slaw
1 small to medium head red cabbage, shredded
2-4 carrots, shredded
1 small onion, diced
1 medium apple, diced

dressing:
1/4 c. cider vinegar
2 T olive oil
1 T dijon mustard
1 T sugar

toppings:
1/3 c toasted walnuts
2 oz blue cheese

The recipe calls for only adding the walnuts and blue cheese when serving. I found that it's fine to add the blue cheese earlier, but definitely put the walnuts on last so they don't get soggy. Hence, this picture has no walnuts, because I haven't added them yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love it! looks so colorful and fresh :) enjoy your weekend marcia :)