Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cookbooks


I have a cookbook problem. I have a lot of them. And I love reading new ones. So when I read a review of a good cookbook, I will often put it on my Amazon wish list, as a reminder to look for it, or check it out from the library, or something.

But then Christmas comes along, and between my family and my husband's, I find myself with 7 new cookbooks for christmas. Which is overwhelming, to say the least. Yikes. I put them all on the shelf because I just went a little nuts.

But this year, I have a goal. I've decided I want to try and make at least one recipe from each cookbook this year. Now, I'm not going to promise to cook the recipes exactly as written. that's just crazy talk. And I'm totally taking credit if my spouse makes something.

Thus far, here's how I've done:
Better Homes and Gardens: buttermilk pancakes
Best 30 minute recipe: posole
Vegan With a Vengeance: falafel
Perfect Vegatables: Sauteed chard with bacon and onion
Fresh Food Fast (Martha Stewart): Pasta with asparagus and goat cheese

No comments: