Thursday, June 24, 2010

CSA


It's been awhile - I just got back from a 2 week vacation, which means I missed 3 weeks of CSA (CSA pick up is Thursday, we left on a Friday). My friend Kelly was the lucky recipient while I was gone (it's nice to donate your share to someone who appreciates the good stuff).

I was SOOO excited to finally get my share today, that I had to take a picture.

So here goes:
1 bunch onions
2 baskets strawberries
1 small head lettuce
2 peaches
2 oranges
1 basket cherries
1 lb zucchini
1 bunch carrots
1 bunch arugula
1/2 lb salad mix

The fruits are destined for just eating. The berries and cherries will be gone Saturday morning, at the earliest. I've been craving salad, so there won't be any problem with the mix (I made one tonight with the LOVELIEST avocado).

Some of the zukes and carrots went into a pasta salad for a potluck for my son's last day of school tomorrow (his preschool starts up again in 2 weeks). I also made arugula pesto for the pasta salad. Plus black beans, olives, and some sliced string cheese (it is for 2 to 5 year olds, you know).

1 comment:

j. said...

Love the new theme. Those veggie look so fresh, and the cherries look delish. Total CSA envy.