Friday, April 2, 2010

Running, Food, and a Cold




Well, I have today off. And of course, I go to bed last night feeling like a cold, hoping that it's just allergies. Bummer.

So yesterday at work, I ran on my lunch break. 3.15 miles in 28:03 minutes (8:54/mile). Which is really fast for me. And, I've been under a lot of stress at work lately.

Work stress + hard run = cold. Happens a lot to me. ON top of that, I've been hitting the See's candy (with a glass of milk) pretty hard, and I think it's causing me to break out. Ugh.

I haven't been posting many new recipes. I've tried a few, but they've been "meh". The carrot soup was okay, but needed a little bit of oomph. More ginger?

The spinach patties needed parmesan. I forgot to put it in there.

The potatoes were good, but they were just steamed, sliced, fried, and tossed with parsley and garlic and a teeny bit of butter. Interesting note: parsley from the garden is reallly dirty. Needed 4 dunkings to get it clean.

Last night's salad was awesome... clementines, avocado (I love my boss. He brings avocados. This one was HUGE and so buttery...), radishes, carrot, olives, walnuts, blue cheese...

This morning I made a bowl of oatmeal with raisins which was promptly stolen from me by my child. So now I'm trying to figure out what to eat, or just wait until he's done and microwave the rest.

1 comment:

Judi said...

Good for you for running on your lunch break! Have a great weekend!