Taking a page out of Mavis' book (I haven't done this before because it felt too overwhelming), I have 2017 goals!
Running: 300 miles, half marathon in May, and *maybe* the Pier to Peak half in September (depends on how May goes)
Biking: 500 miles (to/from work 2x a week)
Swimming: 50 miles
Walking: 150 miles (more running, less walking)
Weights/ yoga: 30 minutes a week (use that Beachbody all-access!)
2. Grocery bill: Keep it under $7000
3. Weight: maintain or lose up to 5 lb
Go on 12 family hikes
Do game night once a week
- Crochet a blanket (a "thermometer" granny square blanket, based on the temperature each day)
- crochet a purse
- finish a quilting baby blanket
- participate in my quilting group's exchange
- make 12 snowflakes
- attempt to make socks
6. Sleep: keep track of it and see if the low dose estrogen helps
7. Food: eat vegan 2 days a week
8. Cookbooks: Try 1 recipe from every cookbook I own
a. Skills: Learn enough programming to automate the data pulls for problem lots (which requires pulling data from 2 different databases)
b. Personal: Don't engage. Really. There's that one guy who is annoying. And that other guy who just has a different opinion. And he's always right, and he's impatient. He really doesn't like to listen. He seems friendly, (and is), but in a "do not engage or get into a discussion. You will only annoy him, it's obvious, and he annoys you too." It's okay. Smile, listen, move on. Then there is that third guy. Also a great guy but you don't agree on a few work-related things. Just don't discuss those things.
10. Home: Contact contractor/ architect on adding a second bathroom.
11. Garden: actually plant tomatoes this year. Baby steps.
12. Spouse: once a month lunch date
- Drink less coffee and more tea (one cup coffee per day)
- Do not buy any wine aside from my two wine club memberships
- Drink two 24-oz bottles of water a day, minimum. My doc thinks that my occasional light-headedness when exercising is a combo between low blood pressure + slight dehydration.