Running: 300 miles: To date: 14.45 miles
Biking: 500 miles: To date: 0 miles (rain)
Swimming: 50 miles: To date: 3.34 miles
Walking: 150 miles: To date: 7.56 miles
Weights/ yoga: 30 minutes a week (1560 this year): 142 minutes (21 day fix Upper fix)
2. Grocery bill: Keep it under $7000 ($134.62/wk): $315.65 (uhhh...my 10 year old is in a growth spurt)
3. Weight: maintain or lose up to 5 lb: didn't get on the scale this week
Go on 12 family hikes: Zippo. Nada. Little guy has a cold.
Do game night once a week: Clue (kiddo's friend won) and Settlers of Catan (I won, but the game was so long everyone was starting to help me win).
- Crochet a blanket (a "thermometer" granny square blanket, based on the temperature each day): 14 blocks down, we hit 71 yesterday whee! I got to use yellow. I am running out of blue-green (51-60F).
- crochet a purse: nothing
- finish a quilting baby blanket: done
- participate in my quilting group's exchange: nothing
- make 12 snowflakes: nothing
- attempt to make socks: I've pinned a bunch of instructions?
6. Sleep: keep track of it and see if the low dose estrogen helps: Haven't started. Slept really well this week.
7. Food: eat vegan 2 days a week: Weds and Friday. I made oatmeal with almond milk for breakfast. It was delish. I ate bean and rice bowls for lunch or dinner, plus salad. I also had oven roasted tofu from Eats Well With Others.
8. Cookbooks: Try 1 recipe from every cookbook I own:
This week: Apple Pie Oatmeal from The Oh She Glows Cookbook by Angela Liddon. It was *very* filling.
Cocoa and raspberry (I subbed cherries) muffins from Vegan Brunch by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. These were yummy but a little underdone on the bottom, even with cooking the full time. But vegan, so do I have to worry if they are a little gooey? I will probably just reheat in the oven.
I also made soyrizo cajun vegetable stew in the Instant Pot. I've made this before but edited the method to work in the Instant Pot. Trying to get good at making things so I can use the sucker mid-week. It was good, but I'm generally not a fan of using soy based processed foods. So I need to figure out the spices so I can just make it with beans. I set some aside in the freezer for my vegan days (and the muffins are for breakfast).
a. Skills: Learn enough programming to automate the data pulls for problem lots (which requires pulling data from 2 different databases). Haven't worked on this yet.
b. Personal: Don't engage. Really. Did okay here.
10. Home: Contact contractor/ architect on adding a second bathroom.Nothing
11. Garden: actually plant tomatoes this year. Baby steps. Nothing
Ooh, need to add: put some ground cover in the back dirt patch
12. Spouse: once a month lunch date: nothing
- Drink less coffee and more tea (one cup coffee per day): Yes, Monday to Weds, and Friday.
- Do not buy any wine aside from my two wine club memberships: Nothing
- Drink two 24-oz bottles of water a day, minimum. My doc thinks that my occasional light-headedness when exercising is a combo between low blood pressure + slight dehydration.
Mmm...probably did okay for half the week. I need to take my 24 oz water bottle to work with me.