Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Time to go grocery shopping

We are back from our 11 day trip back east to visit family over the holidays.  Our fridge is empty except for some take-out boxes from our house-sitter.

It was a very sad trip - my mother passed away the day after I arrived.  I didn't cook a lick.  I ate a lot of bad food the first half (people bring food when someone dies, and it's not vegetables).  I mourned with my step-dad and siblings.  I got pampered by my mother-in-law during the second half.  My father died on Christmas Eve 4  years ago, so I can officially say that the holidays sometimes really suck rocks.

And now it's back to the real world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For sure Christmas isn't always a happy time. You are the third person I know, online or real world friend, going through a terribly difficult time during what is usually a happy celebration.

You and your Mother are in my heartfelt prayers.

Candace said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.