Sunday, December 11, 2011

Meatloaf

Last weekend, I bought ground beef at the farmer's market (Rancho San Julian), and my husband made meatballs.  But one lb of  beef doesn't make a lot of meatballs, especially when  you are me and you are trying to eat paleo for lunch (any kind of grain whatsoever at lunch makes me fall asleep an hour later, which is when my boss wants to discuss projects and strategy.  Yawning is not an option.)
So this week, I bought 2 lbs and made meatloaf.  I was inspired by an episode of Diners Drive-Ins and Dives that I happened to catch - where an Italian place made meatballs with sofrito.  It made me realize that I could add cooked celery to my meatloaf (I never can finish up my celery).  I really like the "Triple D" show.  As much as the food is usually over-the-top in calorie counts, the restaurants featured really do make their food from scratch, and that is inspiring.

So I found this recipe.  Made it a little larger because of the 2lbs of beef.  And there are enough leftovers to last most of the week.  We served it with the last of the Thanksgiving cornbread stuffing (don't worry, it was in the freezer), some TJ's vegetable samosas, and roasted broccoli.  Delish!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh that looks so delicious!