Thursday, December 29, 2011

Meal Plan

Well, I'm not quite in the swing of things yet, but I am cooking.  I keep forgetting to take pictures.  But really, how many pictures of roasted chicken on a bed of veggies can a girl take?

We arrived home late Monday night (I walked in the door at 11:30 pm and was asleep on the couch at 11:35), and I did the grocery run on Tuesday.  No farmer's market, the CSA doesn't start until the 12th of January, so I made do with Trader Joe's.

I got a kindle for Christmas and read a good book by Mark Bittman about cooking and food, and I don't remember what it was called.  It was pretty anti-processed food.  I have to admit, I've been hitting up the pre-prepared foods more lately, but nobody is perfect.  So I endeavored to cook more this week.

Tuesday lunch: cantaloupe, pork tamales (they were at the tasting station at TJ's, and son begged for them), snap peas with hummus.
Tuesday dinner: baked breaded chicken (from TJ's).  Carrot-ginger soup (my son's favorite).
Weds lunch:  salad with apples, leftover chicken, sharp cheddar, macadamia nuts, and raspberry vinaigrette.  Spouse was home sick and had PB&J.
Weds dinner: pasta with pesto (from a jar) and broccoli mixed with sauteed onions and sausage.  Now, this felt like cooking, even though I didn't make the sausage or the pesto.  But I did overcook the pasta and broccoli a bit (not quite at the top of my game), so the pasta got mushy and the broccoli fell apart.  Family loved it, tasted good, but not photo worthy!
Thursday lunch: my spouse's salad lunch from the day before.  He was home sick again.
Thursday dinner: baked organic chicken legs on a bed of potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions. Carrot soup.
Friday lunch: leftover chicken and veggies, snap peas
Friday dinner: leftover pasta with broccoli and sausage
Saturday lunch: more of the pork tamales
Saturday dinner: NYE with friends, potluck style.  I'll probably make something with potatoes and sweet potatoes.  Not sure what.

No comments: