Monday, August 24, 2009

Lima Beans with Blue Cheese


Lima beans were a new thing that we started getting at the CSA last year. I was skeptical. My mom likes limas, but I always hated them.

Until...I had them fresh. You can find my other recipes here and here.

These, however, were even better. Simpler. And yummy.

Limas with Blue Cheese
2 lb unshelled lima beans.
1 T olive oil
salt, pepper, paprika to taste
2-3 T crumbled blue cheese
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
1 T melted butter

1. Shell the limas. Rinse. Put in a pot, cover with water. Cover, bring to a boil (pay attention to them, because they will boil over and make a mess. Luckily, today was cleaning day.) Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 25 min. Drain. (I did this a day ahead.)

2. Toss beans with salt, pepper, paprika, olive oil, and blue cheese. Put in a small casserole.

3. Mix butter, breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over limas.

4. Bake at 400F until you feel like they are done. 15 min? 20 min?

No comments: