Monday, February 18, 2013

Carbolicious and Vegetarian

Well the main cooking meals this weekend were heavy on the carbs and greens and light on the meat.

I did a short inventory of my fridge, freezer, and pantry and decided to start cooking from it.

Saturday night we had greens...I used the spinach, beet greens, and dandilion greens from our CSA and made spaghetti with the greens, lots of garlic, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and feta.  On the side: roasted carrots, beets, broccoli, and baby fennel.  The spaghetti was supposed to be whole wheat, but I sent the hubby and he probably didn't know what "ww spaghetti" was.


We had the same on Sunday with kale chips on the side.

On Sunday I cooked up lunches for the week.  Spouse had today off with the kids and is headed to Boston for two days (brr...we don't own winter clothing anymore).  I was looking for a way to use my lentils, so I made Arabic lentils and rice.  It was amazingly easy.  You serve it with browned onions on top (sorry Biz!)  I also sauteed up a ton of diced carrots (okay, maybe only 1.5 lbs).  I have already portioned out the rice, lentils, onions, and carrots into individual containers.  Half in the fridge, half frozen.  I am putting Chobani Greek yogurt (plain) on top.  Delish!

1 comment:

Biz said...

That's okay about the onions Marcia - I'll survive as long as they stay on your plate! :D

It never dawned on me that people from California probably don't own winter clothes if they travel somewhere cold in the winter!! Hope he finds a winter coat though!