Thursday, February 23, 2012

Camping Update to Come!

We spent the long holiday weekend camping in Joshua Tree National Park.  I took a few pics and diligently wrote in my vacation journal, with the intent of discussing the food, fun, and frugality of camping.

Then my son got sent home with head lice.  Lovely.  So the last few days have been a flurry of vacuuming, laundry, and hair-checks.  And we are all sporting nice new 'dos (my son a buzzcut).  The parents have appeared to escape the little buggers, amazing since we were sandwiched in a tent for 3 nights.  Then again, I read that lice don't hatch in below 68F, and it was butt cold at JT - as in, 28F nighttime, 60F daytime.

On a side note, I think we're allergic to my sister in law's family.  Last time they visited was Pres Day 5 years ago...and we all had the stomach flu and put them up in a hotel instead of hosting.  This time...I'm thinking it might be better again to put them up in a hotel for the one night.  Or maybe Pres Day week is just a bad time to come visit!
So...stay tuned.  I'll get to it.  Promise.

No comments: