Thursday, August 11, 2011

Overnight Oats

I have to thank Kalli for reminding me of how much I like these. With the new diet, I am always looking for simple, easy, and healthy breakfasts. Ones that I can eat day after day, knowing exactly how many points they will set me back (8).
I’ve eaten them so much the last two weeks, I think I may turn into a chia banana. Ooh. I am almost out of chia seeds.

Overnight oats: (for one). In a bowl, mix:
1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats: $0.08
1 Tbsp chia seeds: 0.10 (I don’t actually remember what I paid for these)
1 banana, diced: 0.19
1/3 cup plain yogurt: 0.26
½ cup plain milk: 0.21
Sprinkle of cinnamon: 0.05
Pinch salt
Let sit in the fridge overnight. In the morning, stir in
1 Tbsp sunflower seed butter (or other nut butter): 0.12 for sunflower seed butter, the others in my fridge are cheaper
Total: $1.01 for a nice big bowl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh those look delicious Marcia.....must make some soon too. how is the new diet going? and that was sand harbor in tahoe-so much fun!

Marcia said...

Diet is good. Down 6 lbs, 9 more to go!! I've cut down on wine and chocolate.

amanda brooke said...

This looks yum...actually all the food here looks pretty good!