Sunday, July 18, 2010

Eggs and Veggies



Went to my hubby's company's big summer picnic yesterday, where I took a page from Dr. Fuhrman and ate corn on the cob, two big plates of salad, and some bean-filled chili. I had a few other things too, but mostly I stuffed myself with the good stuff.

For dinnertime, we weren't spectacularly hungry (at least I wasn't), so I cooked up some eggs with the last tomato, some frozen spinach, sauteed onion, and a little cheese on top.

Then we went to the movies. A drive-in double feature. But we left after the first one. So the entire family was away WAY too long last night. But of course, despite going to bed at 11:30 (2.5 hrs after my bedtime), I still woke up at 6 am. Boys are still sleeping.

I also packed popcorn for the drive-in, which we ate before the movie started. So we ended up buying some anyway. Still, about $20 is on the frugal side for movies. My son got in for free.

On another note, I survived my first ocean swim. Yikes. I have a LOT of work to do.

No comments: