Saturday, February 20, 2010

Week 6 (or is it 7?) CSA

Here's what we got and what it is destined to become...

1 bunch kale - potato and kale gratin (I bought a 5lb bag of potatoes) (Sunday)
1 bunch collards - collard chips. Or maybe I'll swap the kale and collards... (Monday)
1 head lettuce - salad (tonight, with split pea soup)
1 bunch beets - roasted with potatoes, carrots, and onions (Tuesday)
green garlic - in the gratin
apples - just snackin'
celery - in the split pea soup. Um help! I never know how to eat up a lot of celery. I end up eating with peanut butter or dicing, blanching, and freezing for later. I need other ideas! Maybe I'll mix it with some rice and make something on Thursday.

There will be plenty of gratin and soup to take us through at least Weds...

Okay, it's week 7. Had to go back and count.

No comments: