Monday, January 26, 2009

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

I made these tonight to go with the leftover Indian food. I've made these twice before. Once, yummy. Second time, when mom was in town...yuck. What did I do wrong?

Well, I think I figured it out. See, most roasted brussel sprouts recipes call for roasting at 400F for 35 to 40 min.

Here's the thing. #1, the sprouts from the farm are smallish. #2, they end up smaller when I pull of the outer leaves to get rid of the little shiny bugs. #3, I cut them in half. So I probably overcooked the heck out of them at 35 mins, which is why they got all disgusting.

So, tonight, I found this recipe. I just used salt, olive oil, pepper, and garlic. And roasted for only about 13 mins. Roast for 11, turn, roast for two. Perfect.

Also, my big plan of meals for the week had a kink or two. #1, there's leftover Indian food for lunch tomorrow. #2, hubby has a business meeting Weds, will stay late, get free food, and won't need dinner. That's okay. It will all work out in the end.

No comments: