Friday, May 1, 2020

Friday!! Menu plan

Well, the dog actually broke the skin, so the neighbor with the poodle found us yesterday (we knew she was on the street, just don't know what house.  But it's a small hood.)  We exchanged numbers so that we can pay her vet bill if it comes to that.  Hopefully nothing more than that, maybe a fine from Animal control.

Meal plan for the week, a day late:

This week in our boxes, we are getting lots of spinach and zucchini.  Also strawberries and peaches!  Hubby went to Costco and got 5 lb of onions and a lot of bell peppers, so we will be using those.

Thursday:
L: leftover red lentil curry with brown rice/quinoa and leftover Afghan kidney beans with white rice.  I was so overwhelmed with how bad Weds was, and I had a long conf call (6:37pm) that I texted my husband that he had to figure out dinner.  Well, he didn't make one pot pasta.  He saw "Afghan kidney beans" on my meal plan and googled it and got the same recipe I'd planned AND made the same substitutions.  He also made white rice and it was delicious.  Go hubby!
D: (we got our box): chard and potato soup.  The bunch of chard was massive, and only 4 leaves.  So before the water gun fight but after lunch, I washed and chopped the stems and the leaves, and chopped the onion.  Hubby made the soup while I was on a conf call (again), and we ate this with quesadillas.

Friday:
L: Leftover soup or maybe takeout
D: Homemade pizza (I fired up the bread machine.  I'm pretty good at this stuff, too bad I can't eat it) and frozen GF pizza for me.  With salad or soup.

Saturday:
L: Mac and cheese with creamed spinach & salad
D: Beef and black bean chili, with the freezer ground beef.  We bought some a few weeks ago. I hear there's going to be a meat shortage.  Honestly, we don't eat that much, so I don't think we'll miss it or even notice much.  (Will be using bell peppers and onions).

Sunday:
L: Sandwiches and salad, or leftover mac and cheese and soup.
D: Veggie lasagna.  I think.  Because we don't have ricotta, I may skip that layer.  Or maybe use something else.  Or...??? Maybe I can make a cashew ricotta.  Or use the last sweet potato and cashew?  Or substitute some cream cheese.  Hm...

Monday:
L: bean tacos and salad
D: leftover lasagna, kale chips

Tuesday:
L: leftover lasagna
D: Middle eastern lentils and rice with caramelized onion

Wednesday:
L: takeout
D: salmon

As we get towards Tues/Weds, I leave the veggie blank, because I don't know what we have left.  A lot of salad, and probably some creamed spinach.

This week, we have gotten/ will get:
Fruit: peaches, strawberries (x3), apples, lemon, and we already have oranges and bananas
Veggie: zucchini, lettuce, spinach, chard, potatoes, spring onion. And tomorrow: spinach, beets, lettuce, baby lettuce, radishes, kale, zucchini, spring onion, avocados





No comments: