Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Delicious Vegetable Dip

A new recipe!  I know right?  From me?  However is that possible? 

I'll tell you  how.  I was so busy having fun this weekend that I didn't cook ahead for the week.

And then in desperation, I needed to figure out what to do with these random bits of veggies from the farm.  So one night, I just threw a basket of cherry tomatoes and 4-6 small, yellow sweet peppers (about the equivalent of 1/2 to 1 regular sweet pepper) into the oven while something else was cooking.  Then I stuck them in a container in the fridge.

Then another night, I steamed a bunch of chard and added it to the container.

And then tonight, I pureed all that in the food processor with a cup of cottage cheese and some garlic powder.

It is VERY tasty.  We are eating it with crackers.  I could probably also put it on pasta or use it on sandwiches or ???


No comments: