Monday, April 27, 2009

Pasta


Lest anyone out there think that my meals are a constant stream of home-cooked, from scratch, organic concoctions, I thought I'd post tonight's dinner.

Pasta. Mini wheels, because they were on sale and I had a coupon, making it $0.50 for a pound.

And jarred sauce. Though I did add one bunch of steamed chard, and used the immersion blender to mix.

Pasta with sauce and chard:
1 lb pasta: 0.50
1 28-oz jar pasta sauce: 1.00
1 bunch chard: 1.00
4 oz grated parmesan: 1.49
Total: 3.99 for 8 servings, or $0.50 per serving.

Though I'll run out of sauce before I hit the 8 servings (only have enough for 6 - use some frozen pesto for the rest, or make a quick sauce with some leftover tomato paste).

And I'm trying to watch my weight, so I did actually measure out the pasta so it will be 8 servings.

No comments: