Sunday, February 12, 2017

2017 Goals - Week 6

Let me see if I can get back on track after taking care of sick people for 4 straight weeks, 3.5 of which were spent sleeping on the couch. I get to sleep in my own bed tonight, whee!

1. Exercise: as of Saturday 2/11/17
Running: 300 miles: To date: 22.4 miles  
Biking: 500 miles: To date: 0 miles (rain, sickness, more sickness)
Swimming: 50 miles: To date: 4.19 miles (oy, been gone weeks)
Walking: 150 miles: To date: 24.95 miles
Weights/ yoga: 30 minutes a week (1560 this year): 276 minutes (School dance, weights)

2. Grocery bill: Keep it under $7000 ($134.62/wk)$809.10, avg of $134.85.  Funny how a couple of weeks of sickies will do that.  Homemade bread, white rice, applesauce, saltines, and plain pasta are cheap!  Last 2 weeks were $101 and $71.  I don't expect that to stay that low.  I think my $7000 goal is going to be tough this year with growing boys.

3.  Weight: Still good.

4.  Family:
Go on 12 family hikes: We failed this month
Do game night once a week: Lots of games this week - Candyland, concentration, Olympus.  Not full family but pairs of people playing.

5.  Crafts:
- Crochet a blanket (a "thermometer" granny square blanket, based on the temperature each day).  It's coming along really well.  The low so far this year was in the 30s (purple) and the high was in the 80s (orange).  For reference, there are 3 unused colors.  Magenta (under 30), which we might not hit.  But if we go to the snow for spring break, we will.  (I want to use the temps where we physically are, not necessarily here in town.)  Red is 90-100, and Pink is >100.


The photo really doesn't do it justice.

- crochet a purse: nothing
- finish a quilting baby blanket: done.  I need to mail the sucker.  My friend is due ANY DAY.

- participate in my quilting group's exchange: nothing
- make 12 snowflakes: nothing
- attempt to make socks: I've pinned a bunch of instructions?  Been really busy taking care of sick people.

6.  Sleep: keep track of it and see if the low dose estrogen helps: It was okay.  Maybe I'm getting used to the couch.  I did not get up and go to the gym, however.

7.  Food: eat vegan 2 days a week. No attempt at this while kids are barfing and hubby is sick.  I'm losing steam.  But honestly, vegetarian has been easy.

8.  Cookbooks: Try 1 recipe from every cookbook I own.  Nothing this week.

9.  Work:
     a. Skills: Learn enough programming to automate the data pulls for problem lots (which requires pulling data from 2 different databases).  Haven't worked on this yet.
     b. Personal:  Don't engage.  Really.  Did okay here, unless arguing on FB about politics counts?  I can't help myself.  Some people are so young.  And stupid.  And young.

10.  Home: Contact contractor/ architect on adding a second bathroom.Nothing. But we did talk to the plumber about (finally) replacing the sewer line.  Nothing like $8k bill!

11.  Garden: actually plant tomatoes this year.  Baby steps. Nothing
Ooh, need to add: put some ground cover in the back dirt patch

12.  Spouse: once a month lunch date: nothing.  He was sick and I was doing triple duty (work/ kid/ household).  He's finally  healthy but was sick for almost 3 weeks.  I think we might try for a lunch date on Valentine's day.

13.  Beverages:
- Drink less coffee and more tea (one cup coffee per day): I think I managed this 5/7 days.
- Do not buy any wine aside from my two wine club memberships: No wine here!  I don't remember the last glass of wine.  But my winery is having a cupcakes and wine tasting this afternoon.  I'm tempted.
- Drink two 24-oz bottles of water a day, minimum.  I managed this at least 4 days.

14.  Mom's nights/ dad's night once a month: Done for Jan, not for Feb yet.

15.  Host friends.  Done for Jan, not for Feb.

2 comments:

Candace said...

I am glad everyone is on the mend. I hope you were able to have your Valentine's Day date.

Marcia said...

Sadly, no date. Maybe we can get 2 in March to make up for it!