Tuesday, January 24, 2017

2017 Goals Week 3

1. Exercise: as of Saturday 1/21/17
Running: 300 miles: To date: 14.45 miles  (no change)
Biking: 500 miles: To date: 0 miles (rain)
Swimming: 50 miles: To date: 3.34 miles (no change)
Walking: 150 miles: To date: 13.61 miles
Weights/ yoga: 30 minutes a week (1560 this year): 166 minutes (2 short workouts this week)

2. Grocery bill: Keep it under $7000 ($134.62/wk)$480.97 (uhhh...my 10 year old is in a growth spurt. ~160/wk so far)

3.  Weight: maintain or lose up to 5 lb: scale said 138.  My preferred range is <141 lb.="" nbsp="" span="" weet="">

4.  Family:
Go on 12 family hikes: Zippo. Nada.  Little guy has a cold. Gave it to daddy, oy.
Do game night once a week: Uno and Candyland this week.

5.  Crafts:
- Crochet a blanket (a "thermometer" granny square blanket, based on the temperature each day): More yellow!  And solid blank.  I'll let you noodle that one.  Today was so cold (under 40) I get to use purple.  I am running out of blue-green (51-60F).  I had to buy a slightly different blue-green because Michael's was out.  Oh well, it's going to be scrappy!



- crochet a purse: nothing
- finish a quilting baby blanket: done

- participate in my quilting group's exchange: nothing
- make 12 snowflakes: nothing
- attempt to make socks: I've pinned a bunch of instructions?

6.  Sleep: keep track of it and see if the low dose estrogen helps: Not great sleep this week because I was sleeping on the couch (see sick husband).

7.  Food: eat vegan 2 days a week: Monday and Weds.  I did okay but dinner had some cream / cheese because it was an ingredient in the prepared food.  Progress not perfection.  Salads, stews, beans and rice, vegan muffins.

8.  Cookbooks: Try 1 recipe from every cookbook I own:
This week: Hm.  I think I made a new recipe?  But I don't remember?  My husband made lasagna from The Betty Crocker Cookbook though.  I really should start the blog update as I go each week.

9.  Work:
     a. Skills: Learn enough programming to automate the data pulls for problem lots (which requires pulling data from 2 different databases).  Haven't worked on this yet.
     b. Personal:  Don't engage.  Really.  Did okay here.

10.  Home: Contact contractor/ architect on adding a second bathroom.Nothing

11.  Garden: actually plant tomatoes this year.  Baby steps. Nothing
Ooh, need to add: put some ground cover in the back dirt patch

12.  Spouse: once a month lunch date: nothing.  He was sick and I was doing triple duty (work/ kid/ household)

13.  Beverages:
- Drink less coffee and more tea (one cup coffee per day): This was a rough week.
- Do not buy any wine aside from my two wine club memberships: Nothing
- Drink two 24-oz bottles of water a day, minimum.  My doc thinks that my occasional light-headedness when exercising is a combo between low blood pressure + slight dehydration.
Mmm...probably did okay for half the week.  I need to take my 24 oz water bottle to work with me.

14.  Mom's nights/ dad's night once a month: Saturday, mom's night whee!

15.  Host friends.  We hosted last Sunday before everyone got sick.

No comments: