Sunday, December 13, 2015

Some favorite recipes

Boy I've been missing of late.  But I do still cook.  Most of my cooking is of the "bulk" variety.

So here are a few of the recipes that I have been making -

Veggie frittata squares - these are really easy for our Sunday morning brunches.  And even when I don't know what to take, as long as I have a dozen eggs, some cheese, and some sort of veggie - then I'm good.  Last week was potato and parmesan, this week is asparagus and red pepper and cheddar.

Applesauce carrot muffins - we had leftover applesauce from the week of the stomach flu.  I adjusted this recipe a bit - it seemed like too many steps for me.  So I did it in one bowl:

Mix wet ingredients - I subbed 1/3 c sugar for the honey.  I only  used 1/4 c butter and used 1/4 c canola oil.

Add dry ingredients - I didn't blend them in a bowl first, one less dish.  Also, I just used 1/2 c whole wheat and 1 c regular flour because that's what I had.

Add applesauce

Add carrots

They were really very good.  We still have a few left



Pumpkin chocolate chip bread - I made some substitutions here, based on what I had (you can see those in my comments on the pin).  It was great and my 9 year old LOVED it.  Also, I used fresh pumpkin that I pureed and froze a couple of months ago.

Asparagus potato soup - this is in the pot right now.  I had leftover asparagus from the frittata, and I didn't buy enough veggies this week.  So this is going to "stretch" my asparagus.  This is a new recipe for me, so I will let you know how it comes out.  I did not make the stock - it seems like a waste of good veggies to me - I used a veggie bouillon cube.

Carrot ginger soup

Chicken fried rice

About the only thing left to cook this week is some canned tomatoes - I haven't yet decided if I will make a third soup (tomato soup) or a curry dish.

No comments: