Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Split Pea Soup and Greens

Well, this weekend I made a huge (4.5 lb) pork roast in the crock pot with tomatoes, salsa, peppers, and spices.  We ate it for 5 days, put the 2nd half in the freezer last night, and wouldn't you know it, I didn't take a single picture.  I would have thought the 3 of us could eat it all in 5 days, but I guess not when we are only eating it for one meal.

The other meal was a big pot of split pea soup (you can find the link in my favorites tab).  I did remember to take two (nearly identical) pictures of those meals, with some focaccia and salad one night, greens the next.

I also cooked up some dried beans from the CSA this week, and those will be featured prominently in...something.  And tonight's menu is the last of the soup plus some cole slaw "Japanese style" from the CSA flyer.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I love split pea soup. It is so simple and tasty! I like to cook it with a ham bone ... mmmm!