Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Good Links

I confess. My favorite posts to read each week are Casual Kitchen's Friday Links, and Cheap Healthy Good's. (And any other weekly links, if I can find them. Know of any good ones?) There's something about having a solid 20 minutes reading good content that relaxes me.


But I never do my own. Mostly because I don't have a whole lot of time to search around, or save up what I get via email. Today I was inspired by something in my in-box, so I'm giving it a whirl.


Some foods are worth the extra $$, some are not, from Ivillage. Pretty much sums up how I shop.


How one mom stretches her grocery shopping to once/month. (If you know me, you know grocery shopping frequency fascinates me). Penniless Parenting. I am fascinated by the way that many Europeans shop daily (and we did the same when we vacationed there). I get into that habit myself when I have the time (with almost daily farmer's markets, it's easy to do). But when life gets crazy, like it is now and will be for three months, I love getting inspiration from others on how to shop less frequently. Even if I'm only cutting it to weekly or bi-weekly. My biggest tip? Eat something else.


A registered dietitian reviews Weight Watchers new PointsPlus plan. Pretty much sums up how I feel about it. Thanks to Biz for the link.


I love pictures. I get the Sparkpeople daily emails. Usually, I delete 'em (that time thing). Today I opened it and found this gem, about how it can be cheaper to cook than eat out. I think the pictures are very descriptive, and can give some people the boost they need to get into the kitchen.

And totally non-food related, but really good advice on conflict and keeping your cool at work, from Fabulously Broke in the City. A lot of lessons to be learned here, about being an adult, acting professional, and not giving up. The ability to shrug bad things off and keep going can be applied to many areas - weight loss, saving money, work...

No comments: