Tuesday, March 20, 2012
I forgot to take the pretty picture of my plate (with broccoli!) before I dug in. My family loves it too. It is so tasty.
In case you forgot, you can find it in my favorites tab. But basically:
1. Saute veggies (in my case, it was onion and chopped fava leaves)
2. Add 3 cups sauce (in this case, home-canned marinara - yum) and 3 cups water.
3. Add 12 oz pasta and other spices if you'd like (extra basil, rosemary, oregano, garlic...be creative)
4. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer (covered) for 20 to 25 min, stirring occasionally to keep stuff from sticking.
5. Add other items as desired. Today I added sun-dried tomatoes and olives, but waited until only about 10 min left so as not to get them totally mushy.
6. Top with cheese! Or avocado. Or nooch. Or nuts. Or nothing.