Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Quick and Sick Lunch

So what do you eat when you are home sick, and have been sick for more than a month?  Good question!  I finally kicked the bronchitis and came down with a cold.  My boss essentially ordered me to take today off.  In fact, I even went home early yesterday.  I missed my company's status update, which apparently also included the fact that I won an award, missed out on free Indian food, and have to wait until Monday to get a $25 grocery store gift card given to all employees.

I don't feel too bad about missing it (except for the excitement of winning an award, which I found out when my engineer congratulated me by email).  I got home, put on sweatpants, and immediately fell asleep for 2 hours, sitting upright on the couch.

I spent the rest of the day tired, and spouse and I had tickets to see Blue Man Group.  We even hired a babysitter for the first time!  (Yes my son is 5.5.  Sad.  We've swapped with friends, hired a nanny for a week - but she's not local during the school year, but that's it.)  It was an awesome show, but I almost fell asleep during it.  I woke up at 3 am again...this insomnia is killing me.

For my day off, I sent my kid off to day care anyway (such a bad mom thing to do, but I am going to pull the "sick" card here).  Got some grocery shopping done and now I'm about to take a nap.
So this was my lunch today after my trip to TJ's.  Annie's Teriyaki noodles, with extra frozen veggies tossed in, and a couple of tangerines from our tree.  The tree is laden this year.  I don't buy much fruit now, I just go outside and start picking!

Later folks.  Turkey day is tomorrow.  We aren't hosting this year, nor are we going anywhere.  A couple of coworkers kindly invited us over, but with my sickness, I really just need to be somewhere where I can nap on demand.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Aww I hope you start feeling better soon!