Saturday, February 19, 2011

Guide to a Cheap Night at the Movies

Impossible, you say? Not really.

Step 1: donate blood 3-6 times per year.
Step 2: forget about these "point" things they give you when you donate blood.
Step 3: get reminded when you make your next appointment.
Step 4: redeem your points for 3 movie tickets.
Step 5: Make Trader Joe's boxed mac and cheese with frozen peas for dinner (fast, easy).
Step 6: Go to the movies.
Step 7: decide whether you will be a rebel and sneak in your own food, or not. We paid for popcorn and drinks and parking. Total cost: $15.

Our normal movie night is at home courtesy of Netflix. But it's nice to go to the theater once in awhile.

Not sure how many posts are coming up. I think I am getting my third, yes third cold since Christmas. This winter sucks!

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Going to the movies here is SO expensive! I like your tips for having a fun and inexpensive night out!

Marcia said...

The best part was that admission was $25.75 for three. One of my two ticket vouchers was for 2 people and $24, and he let us all in for that. So I still have a $12 voucher to use!

Anonymous said...

oh are you taking probiotics? that might help. love your date night tips :)

Carolyn @ Eat Well. Live Well. Be Well. said...

I always sneak in food. Always. Grapes and oranges are my favorite with a bottle of water.

Just hope I don't have to go digging for my ticket in front of a movie theater employee. ;)

Barb said...

Thanks for your dedication to blood donation!