Saturday, March 7, 2009

Red Cabbage and Apple Slaw


So, I got this recipe from the CSA years ago. Like, somewhere in the range of 2001 to 2004. It is SOOO good and we used to make it regularly.

And then I lost it. I've looked many places (not everywhere, but everywhere I can think of) AND I CAN'T FIND IT.

So this is a guess based on my memory. A google search of red cabbage and apple salad didn't bring up anything obvious, except for something from Chez Panisse Fruits which looks close.

So here goes...I think it needs some diced onion and a little shredded carrot:

Red cabbage slaw:
1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
1 apple, diced
blue cheese
toasted walnuts

dressing (no measurements, sorry):
olive oil
lemon juice
red wine vinegar
dijon mustard
salt and pepper
pinch sugar.

Mix apples and slaw. Toss with dressing.

When ready to serve, top with blue cheese and toasted walnuts (raisins were good too, I tossed a few on top).

But really, I think it needs carrots and a little onion.

No comments: