Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sesame Cashew Pasta - SUPER easy

Here's a fave from my friends in Santa Fe. It's a regular at our house.

12 oz whole wheat spaghetti (0.97) (Trader Joes)
1/2 cup (3 oz) roasted cashews (0.75, large container at Costco)
2 T dark sesame oil (0.20) (TJ's)
1 T olive oil (0.10) (TJs)
2 T rice wine vinegar (0.15) (TJs)
3 T low sodium soy sauce (0.28) (TJs)
2 large cloves garlic (0.10)
3/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (0.02)
1/3 c. water
1 bunch cilantro (0.79)

Cook pasta. Blend all other ingredients in blender, and toss with pasta.

Total is $3.36 for 6 1-cup servings. Garnish with extra cashews.

Without extra garnish that's 0.56 per serving. Leftovers are better with extra soy sauce to moisten.

Bigger eaters will eat more.

3 comments:

joy said...

Good day! I was so impressed to have seen a great artwork. You've done a great job.Well, thank you for sharing your talent and article it is very well appreciated by me. You can also visit my site if you have time.


n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

Leslie Lim said...

This is really interesting and knowledgeable. Thanks for sharing. I really appreciate it a lot. Please do more blogs in the future. Thank you and God bless to the blogger!

Rica
www.imarksweb.org

sarah lee said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


edupdf.org