Friday, July 10, 2020

Recent thoughts about things

It's tomato season!  We are finally getting tomatoes as add-ons in our boxes (one of them).  So, bring on the tomato-mozzarella-basil salad. 

I miss my Sunday potlucks.  Some weeks, we'd have 3 versions of that salad.

My baby turned 8 this week!

The kids have been working out with Mike.  Today, Nick wasn't feeling the leg day.  He skipped yesterday too.  Daniel did leg day like a champ today.

Mike is feeling stronger but isn't losing weight.  "I'm eating more."  Yes, that's what you do when you lift weights.  You are supposed to.  Even the pros do that.  Eat up!

I may have PMS.  My kid and work are pissing me off today.

Our anniversary is next week, whee!  What to do.  😂
Work. Eat at Home. Maybe sunset walk on the beach?

COVID is a bummer.  Today, I read about a dude in Ohio who in April, posted how "I'm NOT buying a mask, I've managed this long without one!"  In June, on quarantine due to testing + for COVID.  July 2, having difficulty breathing.  July 4, dead.  He was 37.  What a shame, but if his death gets others to wear a mask...

I bought some kids masks (4) and adult (2) from a local place with local art.  They look great BUT the adult masks are too large for me and the teen, and naturally the kid masks are too small. So the 8yo has 4 masks and hubby has 2.  Plan B, try to look for adjustable ear loop fabric masks.

WHAT is going to happen with schools in the fall? Nobody knows.

I'm tired of takeout.

I started running again after 1.5 weeks off.  Taking it slow.  I like not having something to train for.  I've switched to long dog walks on Saturday with the hubby and/or kids.  Fun.  We are 4 months into COVID with no end in sight.  Need a new plan, clearly I can't just RUN off the stress, that was killing my Achilles.

No comments: