Tuesday, April 28, 2020

I need a vacation

I need a recharge.  I haven't had time off since December (except for a 4 day weekend in Feb).  I have not traveled since before Thanksgiving.  And, I cannot travel.

We missed spring break (work, COVID).  I canceled the summer vacay to Hawaii (bummer).  To recharge, I like to
- See new places
- Spend time outdoors with my family (hiking, walking, swimming)
- Spend time relaxing (reading, playing games)
- Spend less time doing chores (cooking, laundry)
- Trying new foods and treats.

How do I get that during a Pandemic?  Do I just start taking an afternoon off mid-week to go to the beach?  (When nobody else is there?)  Do I try and take my kids to a hike during an off-time?  Is there an off-time when so many people aren't working?

I really sort of wish I could pick up and spend the entire summer in Upstate NY with husband's family, working from a cabin on a lake.  But I cannot - that would be irresponsible in the current situation.

We are going to talk.  And make a plan.  I've been feeling particularly down today.  I have a headache (hormones), have missed quite a bit of sleep the last 3 days (hormones), and work is getting me a bit down (somehow, some way, a lot of the blame for "missed things" comes back to me, and I really don't get paid enough to get blamed for so many things.)

I took a mid day break for 10 minutes to snuggle my 7 year old in the hammock.

No comments: