Monday, November 8, 2010

Salmon with a white wine lemon pan sauce

So, the plan tonight was salmon patties. You know, salmon-in-a-can. Not sexy, but you get your omega 3's, it's cheap, and it's not full of mercury or PCBs.

Then my great neighbor stopped by. He's got a "fish guy". A couple of pounds of fresh salmon later...we had some tonight, some for leftovers tomorrow (on top of a salad), and the rest goes in the freezer for later this month.

I had some lemon. I knew I wanted to make a pan sauce. So I googled. "lemon white wine salmon".



And I found this recipe. It's a 5-star recipe!

And I followed it. To a T. Just kidding. I left out one tiny ingredient. That ingredient would be...can you guess?? 3/4 stick of butter. Geez. Really, there was enough oil from the cooking spray (that I used instead of olive oil) and the actual fish that made a good pan sauce. I also added a clove of garlic when making the sauce.

DELICIOUS, though my son thought the basil leaves looked like "ants". Whatever.

I also made a lima bean puree that we served on toast. Fresh limas, cooked, with roasted garlic, lemon juice, a little tahini, salt, pepper, and enough cooking water to make a good consistency.


Believe it or not, the 4 year old ate everything, including the salad which had lettuce, olives, blue cheese, and avocado. He's a good eater. He helped me shell the limas too.

No comments: