Friday, April 11, 2008

Moroccan Lentil Soup

This recipe comes courtesy of BigDan on The Simple Living Network. It's a vegan pressure cooker soup that he says costs less than a buck. I made it, it cost me $2.05, but it was 6-8 servings.

Now, I'm not a fan of soup. I wish I were. It's healthy. But I do like stew. So on night #1, this soup was okay. By night #2, it had thickened & the flavors had melded, and it was awesome.

Moroccan Lentil Soup

1 cup lentils (0.30)
6 c. water
1 onion, diced (0.25)
3/4 tsp salt
pinch cayenne
1 carrot, diced (0.20)
1 celery rib, diced (0.13)
1 red bell, diced (0.97)
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
1/8 tsp turmeric
4 cloves garlic, chopped (0.15)
1 T. grated fresh ginger (0.25)
8 oz diced tomatoes (canned) (0.25)
2 T cilantro

Sort and rinse lentils. Toss into pressure cooker. Bring to boil. Cover, bring to high pressure, cook 7 min. Let pressure reduce naturally.

2 comments:

joy said...

Good day! I was so impressed to see a very well-presented dishes that is absolutely tasty and delicious. You've done a great job.Well, thank you for sharing your talent and article it is very well appreciated. You can also visit my site if you have time.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

Silvia Jacinto said...

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful article, I hope you could inspire more people. Visit my site too.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net